Who is this program for?
The Baton Rouge Alliance for Students seeks individuals dedicated to the Baton Rouge community who believe all children deserve access to excellent public education and are eager to become more involved. Are you interested in running for local office? Have you thought about running or working on a campaign? Have you worked on campaigns but want to learn how to be more effective? Do you want to be a candidate who runs on a strong student-centered agenda? Apply for the program today!
- Are willing and able to engage in an intensive leadership bootcamp
- Identify as a champion for quality public schools for all students
- Have a demonstrated commitment and deep connections to the local community
- Desire leadership that better reflects and connects to the community
- (For aspiring candidates) Have a compelling vision and personal motivation to run for office
- Collectively represent diverse backgrounds, professions, ethnicities, ages, and levels of experience
Participants will have access to a digital resource library and will be invited to join the Baton Rouge Alliance for Students Action’s ongoing advocacy and electoral activities.
- The Call to Public Leadership
- The ABC’s of Louisiana Education
- Demystifying Campaign Mechanics & Fundraising Fundamentals
- Building a Personal Brand
Participants commit to completing an intensive, weekend training program. They are expected to fully engage in the learning environment, attending all sessions and completing all assignments. Written work may include surveys, assessments and other assignments. The program will be in-person, with health and safety precautions in place.
- Application opens: 7/19/2021
- Application closes: 8/23/2021
- Participants are notified: 9/1/2021
- Bootcamp Program Dates:
9/24/2021 to 9/26/2021
How can I apply?
Applications can be submitted online. Applications are due by Wednesday, October 25, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I’m thinking about running for office at some point, but want to run a campaign first, which track should I apply to?
Apply to the track that best matches your short-to-mid-term plans. For example, if you would like to run or work on a campaign for an education candidate before running for office yourself, apply to the Campaign Leader track.
Who will be selected to participate in the leadership program?
The Baton Rouge Alliance for Students Action will select participants from the pool of submitted applications. Finalists may be invited to interview with the Baton Rouge Alliance for Students Action staff between August 25 and 26, 2021